PURPOSE: To perform a variety of labor work to support completion of road building, parking lots, driveways, and miscellaneous projects. Move equipment from job to job. Shovel and lute asphalt handwork.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR WORKERS WHO HAVE:
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use, or learn how to use, tools and equipment.
- Ability to learn and use basic knowledge about road construction.
- Ability to be mobile throughout the work site.
- Ability to understand and perform work instructions according to directions from supervisor.
- Ability to understand and observe safety rules/regulations.
- Ability to be available for work daily and overtime as required; including weekend work.
- Ability to assist in work related areas as needed.
- Ability to travel to work site(s) as required and stay overnight if necessary.
- Ability to be alert to potential hazards in the work area.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to take initiative in regards to what needs to be done next (looking ahead) and remain productive throughout the work day.
- Ability/skill and responsibility to maintain control over traffic in a professional and safe manner.
- Awareness and warn all roller operators of deep asphalt fills or soft edges with steep drop offs. Due to the possibility of tipping the roller over in these situations.
- Have respect for other people’s property, treat it as your own or better. No debris, garbage, marks on the lawn (keep equipment off of lawn).
- Lookout man for potential hazards such as:
- Overhead electrical lines, etc.
- Tree branches
- Pinch points of all kinds (equipment and vehicle to vehicle situation).
- Ability/skill to properly load equipment on a variety of company trailers in a safe manner (both for employee safety and haul safety), and operate the loading and binding tools in the same manner.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- It is recommended to have and maintain a current Class A CDL, air brakes, tanker, hazardous material endorsements and DOT certification, including entrance physical examination, drug and alcohol tests, and periodic recertification requirements.
- Ability to do frequent and continuous physical labor and driving. A stable work history is preferred.
- Knowledge of product and techniques.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)