Asphalt Plant Foreman
Provide leadership to see that the Plant achieves their mission and production cost goals. Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt plant. Assure that plant complies with DNR, OSHA (or MSHA) Regulations, landlord rules and company rules. Monitor daily inventory levels for current & future ACC mix requirements. Assist in Plant Maintenance. Ability to operate heavy equipment including, but is not limited to, skid loaders, front-end loaders, and other pieces of equipment.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong Mechanical, Electrical, and Welding skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and DNR rules & regulations
- Knowledge of Asphalt Plant Operations
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an indoor/outdoor, physically demanding job working with heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
- Company Truck
- Company Phone & Tablet
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401