Under direction of the foremen, a concrete finisher will typically work on a small concrete crew performing a variety of labor work to support completion of road building. A finisher's job function will include, but not be limited to: preparing and placing concrete for handwork, digging, leveling, and spreading dirt, gravel and other construction materials by using hand tools. Pounding stakes, removing forms for set concrete, and other non-machine tasks are performed on a regular basis. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews, with the potential for advancement opportunities.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Previous concrete construction or physical job experience preferred.
- Knowledge of concrete products and finishing techniques.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. We encourage females and minorities to apply!
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401