To provide preliminary survey, design, and construction staking for our crews and others. Also, responsible for maintaining our machine control operations, environmental permitting, plant site planning and 3D modeling program.
This position is full-time salary position. Hours based on 40 hours per week average during winter shutdown. Hours during construction season could average 50-60+ hours per week with evenings and some weekends required. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Overnight stays are possible, but typically very rare.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 year degree as Engineer or Survey Tech.
- Preferred 4 year degree in Civil or Construction Engineering.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Previous construction experience and knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of site design, 3D surface development/manipulation, and environmental permitting is a plus.
- Knowledge of computers – spreadsheets, CAD programs, and database programs.
- Strong knowledge of survey equipment, survey procedure, and construction staking.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Annual Salary
- 401k with Employer Match and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental coverage paid.
- Life Insurance
- Company Truck, Computer, & Phone provided for Company use only.
- Opportunity to obtain your P.E. or P.L.S license is available thru Mentorship from our current staff. Consisting of 3 Licensed Professional Engineers (P.E.) and 1 Licensed Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.)