Heavy Equipment Operators
Under the direction of the foreman, equipment operators will be responsible for operating several types of construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner on the job to support completion of road building projects. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt pavers, skid loaders, asphalt rollers, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, rollers, and other pieces of equipment. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401