Under the direction of the foreman, flaggers will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones, following safety rules and regulations, including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices. Flaggers must provide communication with both the traveling public and their co-workers as they relay traffic signals to ensure everyone's safety. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 10-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver's license preferred. A current Class C drivers license is required to operating the pilot car.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety and production
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401