Under direction of the foremen, laborers will typically work on a road crew but may work at an asphalt plant or maintenance shop. A laborer's job function will include, but not be limited to: job layout, shoveling, raking and sweeping, along with operating small equipment such as blowers, saws, compactors and jack hammers. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews, with the potential for advancement opportunities to become an equipment operator.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Previous construction or physical job experience preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.