Under the direction of the Plant Foreman, Loader Operators will help the Asphalt Plant achieve their mission and production cost goals, and help the company & employees achieve their profit goals. Loader Operators are to maintain stockpiles and keep bins full. Assist with plant start-up, shut down and maintenance. Assist in receiving material and supply deliveries. Be MSHA trained to work at Wash Plant, strip mining, etc. when needed. Ability to operate other heavy equipment, such as, skid loaders, dozers, etc. may be needed. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of our Asphalt Plant crew.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401