Under the direction of the Shop Manager, Mechanic Trainee will perform repairs and maintenance of all fleet equipment in a timely fashion to ensure the safe, dependable, and efficient operation of all Company vehicles and equipment. Trainee will repair and provide maintenance services in the following areas: Gasoline Engines, Diesel Engines, Drive Trains, Hydraulic Systems, Air and Hydraulic Brake Systems, Suspension and Steering, and Electrical / Electronic Systems. Ability to operate all types of heavy equipment, such as, asphalt pavers, rollers, skid loaders, loaders, dozers, etc. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of our team.
This is part-time position with average weekly hours ranging from 10-30 hours based on Trainee's availability and needs. Flexible schedule to allow Trainee to continue school.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license (with current Class A CDL is preferred).
- Ability to obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an indoor/outdoor, physically demanding job working with heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401