Office Manager/Accounts Receivable
Seeking a motivated individual with 5+ years of accounting experience or a 4-year accounting degree. This is a full-time, salaried position offering competitive compensation and attractive benefits. Hours based on Monday-Friday (8am-5pm).
- Proficient in 10-key data entry
- Type 45-50 wpmdm
- Basic math skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Goal Oriented
- Take instructions and complete tasks as directed
- Attitude and ability to work with a team to create a positive and pleasant working environment
- BA/BS Degree - preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a public accounting environment
- Ability to work closely with employees to answer questions or to collect necessary information
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting and implications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise Accounting & Administrative Assistants. Responsible for overseeing daily functions of the Accounting & Administrative Assistants. Provide training, goal setting, and performance reviews.
- Ability to interact with supervisor, co-workers, account vendors, customers to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with them.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with and take direction from controller
- IDOT Sub request forms as needed.
- Set up Contracts
- Order bond, certificate of insurance and railroad insurance as requested
- Set Up and Prepare subcontracts – including required forms and cover letters
- Document Tracking for Subcontractors including scanning of documents
- Process draw requests and subcontract vouchers
- Get approval by PM’s for subcontract vouchers via Spectrum ap routing
- Material Certifications as Requested
- Job Billing
- Job Close Out procedures including verification of quantities with subs
- Prepare Certification of subcontractor payments form and DBE form as needed at end of job
- Enter final quantities and print job cost report
- Cross Train in other positions
- Write and update periodically procedures manual
- Competitive Annual Salary
- 401k with Employer Match and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Family Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
ABOUT HEARTLAND ASPHALT:
Heartland Asphalt, established in 1991, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt in North Central Iowa. Our motto is “Driveways to Highways” meaning we do everything from residential driveways to interstate work and everything in between. We specialize in residential driveways, commercial parking lots, municipal street paving and resurfacing.