Project Manager & Estimator is a skilled, fast-paced position requiring the ability to work in an ever-changing environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Quantity Takeoffs, Bidding, Scheduling, Contract Management, Billing, and attending some nightly council meetings. Other duties include: field
management of crews, meeting with customers, and safety awareness.
This is a full-time, salaried position offering competitive compensation and attractive benefits. Hours based on 50-hour per week average with several evenings and some weekends required. Travel will be required, but is mostly limited to sales area with limited overnight stays required. Occasional travel for conferences and continuing education.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2-year degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering related field.
- 4 year Degree in Construction Management or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Construction Engineering Preferred.
- Prior sales and management experience preferred.
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to complete tasks timely without supervision.
- Must possess good written and verbal skills along with good human relation skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills and be able to multi-task on several projects at one time
- Basic knowledge of asphalt construction methods and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of surveying, drainage layout, and staking.
- Must have valid drivers license & clean driving record.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- 401k with Employer Match and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Family Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Vehicle, Computer & Phone provided for Company use only.
- Opportunity to obtain your P.E. or P.L.S license is available thru Mentorship from our current staff. Consisting of 3 Licensed Professional Engineers (P.E.) and 1 Licensed Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.)
ABOUT HEARTLAND ASPHALT:
Heartland Asphalt, established in 1991, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt in North Central Iowa. Our motto is “Driveways to Highways” meaning we do everything from residential driveways to interstate work and everything in between. We specialize in residential driveways, commercial parking lots, municipal street paving and resurfacing. Our capabilities include design layout, excavation, base preparation, and construction of new pavements as well as rehabilitation and maintenance of existing pavements. Through the combined efforts of our estimating and engineering departments we offer “Turn-Key” design-build services for your residential and commercial needs. We have civil engineers on staff providing an array of personalized services that are designed to meet your specific needs. We manage your project from the planning stages through final construction.
We are committed to the safety of our team and providing value to our customers through innovative solutions.