Quality Control Lab Technician
A Quality Control Technician is responsible for sampling, testing and reporting results to ensure the delivery of aggregate and hot mix products that meet our customers specifications. On the job training will provide the employee the background to obtain Quality Control Technician certification from Iowa Department of Transportation. Certification training will be paid for by the company.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 10-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Class A CDL desired, but not required.
- Be competent in math, computers (spreadsheet, database & email)
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Ability to communicate professionally and confidently both internally and externally
- Detail oriented and able to follow procedure
- Previous quality control experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401