Class A CDL Truck Driver
Under the direction of the foreman and superintendents, drivers will operate Dump Trucks to haul materials such as hot mix asphalt, rock, sand, millings, and dirt. Truck drivers may also be responsible to haul equipment on trailers from job to job. Occasionally the need to operate other heavy equipment is needed on the job to support the completion of road building projects. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt pavers, backhoes, asphalt rollers, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal working April through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 12-14 hours, requiring overtime and working occasional Saturdays. Travel may be required throughout North Central Iowa; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver's license with current Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current Class A CDL, air brakes, tanker, hazardous material endorsements and DOT certification, if required. Company will pay for CDL certification and training.
- Previous truck driving and equipment operating experience preferred
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and sit for long durations.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and take direction from others.
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical Required.
- This is an outdoor, physically demanding job working in heavy equipment areas with varying seasonal weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain, dirt, dust, etc.)
- Full-Time employees are provided with a complete compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
EEO/AA Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
or apply in person at: Heartland Asphalt, Inc. 2601 South Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401